Saturday, 10 March 2012

30 Days of Lists: Day 10




List 10: Today was awesome because...
Fonts used: Pincoyablack Black, Capture It 2
This was a quite a good one. It's easy to forget the nice things that happen and too easy to remember the bad things. Here's what happened to me today:

I finally bought a Kindle!
It's not that I was resisting the Kindle, it just never came as a priority to me, although I do feel a little late jumping on this bandwagon. I love reading books and normally I borrow them from the local library. But recently two things have happened: 1. I have read every book I want to read in the library and 2. I am going on holiday using an airline that has very strict (and ridiculously small) baggage restrictions. The first problem was that I would have to buy books if I wanted to read more, except that I don't have any storage space for them, and the second problem was that I couldn't fit a (thick) book into my hand luggage to read on the plane. I love physical books, but a Kindle was the obvious answer. I've only had it a few hours but I'm liking it so far!

I reached level 2 of the 30 Day Shred Challenge
30 Day Shred is basically an intense exercise DVD that you workout to everyday for a month or so. The idea is that you work your way up through levels 1, 2 and 3 as and when you feel capable of doing so. This isn't just an ordinary workout DVD though, it KILLS YOU. It is very intense and not recommended for those who are pretty unfit. Level 1 was a nightmare for the first few days but it got better as my fitness and strength improved. Now I've started level 2 I'm back to feeling like I'm going to keel over and die during the workout. That doesn't compare to the feeling you get once you see and feel your muscles toning and the fat disappearing. And I'm only on day 7!

I sold something on eBay
Not for the first time, but it still feels good to make a tiny profit!

I completed all my chores in the morning
Even better, I have the house to myself tonight which means I can relax and pamper myself.

I discovered I had lost 2lbs in the past week
I'm a happy size 8 (UK size) so it's not my goal to lose weight, but to tone up. The weight loss is inevitable though and I admit it does feel pretty good to see my jeans fitting a little better around the waist. have a feeling that 30 Day Shred has a lot to do with this!! I haven't changed my eating habits at all so I can image if you did this workout while on a diet the pounds would fly off.

I found a parking space outside my house
It's the little things that make me happy :)


4 comments:

  1. congrats on the shred - yikes!! (sounds like you are killing it though!) bravo madame :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I've been slacking this week though! *slap on wrist*

      Delete
  2. Congrats on all your lovely things today!
    Re: the Kindle - I'm sure you know all this anyway, but have a look at all the free (usually small) books on Amazon - I loved the ones on meditation and also the Dummies Guide to lots of things (um, that's maybe not its real name, but it's a selection of lots of Dummies Guides) - they are all great to dip into. And there are lots of Classics for free or minimal amounts too.
    Glad so many lovely things happened today. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amanda. No, I didn't know that, I'll definately check them out. Thanks for the tip! :)

      Delete