Tuesday, 23 October 2012

Using Washi Tape in My Filofax


A long anticipated parcel arrived through my door the other week. Washi tape!!




Belive it or not, this is my first ever batch, I have seen so much Washi tape featured in various arts, crafts and stationery blogs that I found myself idley lusting for some. I think it's a brilliant idea to have designs on masking tape, such a simple concept but very effective for adding finishing touches to almost anything.
These beauties are from a lovely seller on Etsy called Pretty Tape. She has a huge range but unfortuantely is in the USA so it cost me a little bit extra for shipping costs. They arrived within 10 days of ordering which I thought was pretty good.

Here they are on paper:






I came across a post by Imy of Imysworld about sticking Washi Tape in your Filofax so you could keep track of which Washi tapes you already own (great for the impulse buyer!). I think I'll cut this paper down and punch it into my Filo :)

At the moment I'm just using the tapes for brightening up boring stationary, namely my Filofax stationary.




To Do Lists




Notepages (The bird cage stamp is from the same Etsy Seller).

I'm also using the washi tape to stick in any lists that I make for the week.





I've been trawling eBay since they arrived and have noticed that a few of these same tapes are available on the 'Bay but I just hadn't noticed them. It's amazing what a difference good product photography can make! Browsing Washi tape on eBay is dangerous though...there are so many more I'd like to have. So pretty! Uh oh, I feel a new obsession coming on...



9 comments:

  1. What a fabulous selection of washi tape - they look lovely :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I live the way you write in your Filofax! Those colors! If you don't mind me asking, how many colors do you write with? It's very pleasing to the eye! Cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer :) I use fountain pens and I mix my own inks to get different colour combos, aside from the mint green/blue the colours in the photo are all my own mixes. I usually have at least 3 fountain pens with me, all filled with a different colour, hence the rainbow of colours. Sometimes this can turn out looking awful though!

      Delete
  3. Hello, i know this blog is old, but I was wondering if you still have the teal baroque? If so, are you willing to sell?
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete